Huawei has received the Outstanding Achievement for Customer Centricity award from the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). This is the first time the prestigious global award has gone to a telecom company.
At the award ceremony on October 27 in Lyon, France, Russell Longmuir, CEO of EFQM said, “The Jury was extremely impressed by the relentless attention this applicant pays to their customers and their requirements, being a true global leader. EFQM noted that Huawei had cultivated a harmonious working environment and culture by working closely with global partners and suppliers. Through continuous awareness of employees’ needs and self-improvement by organizations and managers, employees enjoy working for the supply chain. That’s an impressive achievement by any standard.”
EFQM listed five outstanding achievements of Huawei’s supply chain:
- Customer-centricity is part of the DNA of supply chain organizations at every level of Huawei, extending to the upstream and downstream of the value chain and throughout the entire supply ecosystem.
- Strong, performance-oriented digital support. Digital technologies are integrated into processes and employees’ daily work, and can be agilely adjusted and iterated as needed.
- Self-optimized organizational capabilities. Based on vision-driven digital transformation and organizational transformation, the supply chain values independent innovation, and enables quick adaptation to environmental changes.
- The supply chain strategy is fully implemented from formulation to execution. The balanced scorecard and digital capabilities are employed to build a management system that can operate stably and predict the future.
- Build a harmonious working environment and culture. Thanks to a comprehensive awareness of employee needs and the continuous self-improvement of organizations and managers, employees enjoy working for the supply chain.
Huawei Global Supply Chain Chief Information Officer Fan Meihua, and West European Region Chief Operations Officer, Zhang Liman, received trophies and medals during the ceremony.
“Many thanks to EFQM for giving us such a high evaluation and award. Customer-centricity is at the core of Huawei global operations, and serving customers is the only reason why Huawei exists. Huawei supply chain is dedicated to customization, professionalization and digitization, integrating ecosystems to build up a win-win future together. Where there is a will, there is a way,” Ms. Fan said at the ceremony.
The EFQM Global Award aims to recognize outstanding organizations worldwide, whether they are private, public, or not-for-profit. Organizations have presented the award for demonstrating an indisputable track record of success in transforming strategy into action and continuously improving their performance.
Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading global ICT infrastructure and smart device provider dedicated to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Huawei has set the goal of “making Huawei synonymous with high quality in the ICT industry”. Focusing on customer requirements, Huawei follows a quality-first strategy and aims to succeed with high quality. The company implements a quality management system that covers every employee, every process, and every link of the value chain, and continues to strengthen the customer-centric management system in support of value creation for customers.